Why Train With The Athletic Edge?
Following on from a short career in the military as an Aircraft Technician, I decided to pursue a career in Strength and Conditioning. This led me to St Mary’s University where I completed both undergraduate and post graduate education in Strength and Conditioning Science.
I was fortunate enough to be able to apply the knowledge I had gained in professional sport, working with England Rugby Youth Teams during their world cup preparations, Harlequins Rugby League (Super League) and England 7’s.
In 2011 I decided I wanted to set up The Athletic Edge, with the idea of providing any athlete of any level with science based programming and help people achieve their full potential.
Who We Have Worked With?
Over the years we have worked with a variety of athletes including;
- Nathaniel Wood (Current UFC Bantamweight and former Cage warriors world Champion)
- Olga Rubin (Current Bellator women’s featherweight)
- Brad Pickett (Former UFC, WEC and Cage Rage athlete)
- Mike Ekundayo (Current Cage Warriors Bantamweight)
- Hugh Fraser (Scotland Rugby)
- Jonothan Hotchkiss (Former Ironman and Triathlete)
- Pav Rooprai (Junior Triathlon)
- Claire Cunningham (Paratriathlete)
- England 7s
Do You Have To Be An Athlete?
The simple answer is no, although we are called The Athletic Edge we are not just for athletes, we have helped clients return from injury, get fitter and healthier and improve their lifestyle.
Joshua Edgley BSc PgCert
Luke Stevenson BSc MSc